Tuesday, 30 April 2013

Neglected Polish #6 Pink Glitter


I'm back with another Neglected Polish Post. Lately I have been painting my nails with a colour and adding random Glitter accents on random nails.

While deciding which Glitter to go with I realised a while back I went through a Rose Pink Glitter Phase and thought these polishes would be perfect for this Edition of Neglected Polish.









(1) Milani Disco Lights - This is a Beyond Gorgeous Rose Pink densely packed small hexagonal glitter. This is a seriously blinging nail polish colour. I usually apply 2 thin coats of this over Relvon ColorStay in Fall Mood (see my NOTD post here) or it applies opaque in 3 coats alone.

(2) Jordana Glitters Pixie Pink - This is a Clear based polish with Rose Pink small and larger hexagonal glitter. This polish is polish spreads the glitter out nicely with each brush stroke and does pack on a fair amount of glitter. I used 2 Coats in the swatches pictured above.

(3) China Glaze Material Girl - I originally bought this because of the name (I mean how could I pass that up). This is polish is densely packed with very fine Rose Pink glitter with some medium sized holographic Pink Hex glitter mixed in. This only needs around 2 coats for it to be opaque and drys rough so it does need a good top coat (as does most glitters)

(4) LA Splash Yours Truly - This is very similar to the China Glaze polish mentioned above except this one is a slightly lighter colour and it has small Silver Hexagonal glitter mixed through it. This polish takes about 3 generous coats to get it opaque.

(5) Orly Rage - This isn't actually a glitter polish but I thought it deserved an honorable mention as it is one of my favourite and go to Rose Pink Polishes. This is a metallic nail colour that people often compare to a Rose Gold nail polish but I feel this colour is to silver to be a Rose Gold. I personally prefer my Rose Golds to be more brassy.

Out of all of these Polishes my absolute all time favourite is definitely Milani Disco Lights and it is a colour I often reach for and probably the most complimented nail polish I own every time I have worn it I get so many people comment on it and it just makes me love it more.

What is your go to Glitter Colour? What are you wearing on your nails?



 

8 comments:

  1. I am loving my new orly glitters, but I always have loved Sally Hansen's Strobe Light!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try some of the new orly glitter they look great!

      Delete
  2. So many pink glitter polishes! The Orly and Milani polish looks fab :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. until I did this post I didnt even realise I had so many pink glitters haha

      Delete
  3. I love all these colours! The Milani and China Glaze ones are my favourite. I don't have enough glitter polishes in my collection, my favourites are Ulta3 lollypop and OPI Rainbow Connection, which is starting to get really gloopy :(.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want both of those! I have never been able to find OPI rainbow connection I'm always slow when it comes to new limited edition collections. I shouldve picked it up when it first came out

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment I really do appreciate every one of them :)
Please do not comment Follow for Follow as it isn't polite but feel free to post your link as I do love checking out all blogs :)