Tuesday, 16 April 2013

Neglected Polish #5 Mint-acular


Firstly I'd like to apologise that I haven't done one of these post's in what seems like AGES! I've been super busy in the past couple of weeks but I'm back today with a new post on this series :)

For as long as I can remember I have been on the hunt for what I believe is the perfect Mint Green Polish. I feel like Mint Polishes are a complete personal preference when it comes to what people look for. I think some people like the colour to be more of a light pastel green toned polish were others prefer more of a blue toned green and some people prefer darker polishes.

Today I have a few contenders on what I thought would be the perfect Mint Green Polish. Lets see if they met my expectations.








 (1) Essie Mint Candy Apple
This is a polish I have included in the past I think it was my First Neglected Polish post and honestly this is one of my most frustrating polishes I own. I find the formula of my bottle to be horrible and hard to work with no matter how I apply it. I find it extremely streaky and the more layers of this you put on I feel like it just gets worse. Now I could just have a dud bottle I don't know as I seen many reviews on this polish & I know a lot of people love it. In my opinion this is not a "Mint Green" polish I find it to be to blue for that and it isn't something I grab when I want a Mint Green Manicure however it is a very pretty colour just not green enough for me!

(2) Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Mint Sorbet
This is a Gorgeous Milky Mint Green Polish. To me this is the perfect Mint colour that I have been searching for. The application of this polish wasn't the best but it wasn't to bad. The first to coats can be a little streaky but it was all smoothed out when I applied a 3rd coat.

(3) China Glaze Re-Fresh Mint
This polish is extremely similar to the Sally Hansen one mentioned above. They are both light Mint Green polishes though I do find this to be ever so slightly lighter but I would consider these to be Dupes of each other. This polish was a dream to apply I had absoloutley no issues with it and it was very opaque in 1 coat but I applied 2 coats for a flawless finish

(4) Lioele #38 Mint Green
This is another Gorgeous Mint Green Polish i own. I used this in my previous Neglected Polish Post (see here). This polish like most pastel/lighter creme polishes was a little hard to work with but definitely worth working with as the colour is amazing. This is slightly darker than the CrG & Sally Hansen polishes mentioned in this post but is a great Mint Green polish to own.

(5) Jordana Mint Candy
This is a suepr sheef Mint Green polish that has fine gold glitter running through that gives it a subtle pearlescent finish. This polish needs a lot of coats to get it opaque (minimum 4) but it does look better with each coat and the polish isn't to thick so it doesn't look weird when applied with multiple coats.

(6) Orly Ancient Jade
This polish isn't necessarily your typical Mint Green polish as the name suggests its more of a Jade Green colour but I wanted to include this polish as I think it is such a Gorgeous colour. This is more in the category of people who prefer darker but still pastel Mint/Aqua Green Nail Polishes. This polish has been one of my most worn polishes this month and I got it for my Birthday and just love it so much so wanted to include it in this post.


For me the Winner/Best Mint Green Polish would have to be CG Re-Fresh Mint followed closely by Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet but I prefer CG Re-Fresh Mint simply because it has a better formula and for me and is the perfect Mint Green Colour in my opinion. For me the Worst would definitely be Essie Mint Candy Apple I'm sorry but I hate the formula and the colour just isn't Mint Green enough for me. Every swatch of this polish that I had seen on the internet before I bought it showed this to be a beautiful Mint Green colour so that probably why I dislike it so much it's just not what I expected which makes me think either they changed the formula or I really do have a dud bottle.

What is your perfect Mint Green Polish?

16 comments:

  1. Lovely mints! I like my Revlon Minted!

    Simple Charm Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried Revlon Minted before but it looks lovely :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely colours especially the sally hansen and essie!

    jess xx
    dotofdaisy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite has been CG Re-Fresh Mint, but I love your swatch of the Orly Ancient Jade as well. I agree about Essie. They streak so much and I have to apply at least four coats.
    My international giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Orly Ancient Jade is Gorgeous! I've had so many issues with Essie polishes but I never stop buying them as they have so many colours I want :)

      Delete
  4. Ahh I love, love, LOVE mint green polishes! You've found some great mint options here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mint Green polishes are so addictive :) Thanks :)

      Delete
  5. I love mint green polishes! But it is so hard to find a decent one. Essie's Mint Candy Apple is wayyyyy to blue to be considered mint! Kind of like the MUA Pistachio Ice Cream I got. I like the look of China Glaze and Sally Hansen polishes the best. My favourite mint polish is by Ulta3 but I got it in a mini pack which doesn't have names! I think it might be Corsican Rose though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Essie Mint Candy Apple frustrates me soo much I mean you hear the words Mint & Apple together you'd think oh Green right? but no! I LOVELOVELOVE that ulta3 polish you have I think I've mentioned it a few time when you've posted about it :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. they are some of my favourites now :)

      Delete
  7. I think I like Mint Candy Apple the most :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nice colour I just don't feel it's green enough for my liking :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment I really do appreciate every one of them :)
Please do not comment Follow for Follow as it isn't polite but feel free to post your link as I do love checking out all blogs :)